A few of our most frequently asked questions
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Most of our fleet are fully coach-built motorhomes, which range from 6.5 to 7.5m in length. However we do have a campervan available to hire – this is Toleno R, which has all the facilities of the others, just in a smaller shell!
We replace our hire fleet every year to keep them nice and fresh. With the current global supply chain issues we are experiencing some delays in the delivery of our new vehicles, so we are keeping our existing hire fleet until the new motorhomes arrive to ensure continuity of service for our customers.
From October to May, we have a minimum hire period of 3 nights. From June to September the minimum period is 7 nights, as are school holiday periods.
Our advertised collection time is from 15.00, however we do try and get vehicles prepared and out as early as possible, with collections usually starting from 13.00. Early collection (from 09.00) is possible for a small charge, subject to the vehicle being available. Dropoff is by 11.00am, again late drop-off (15.00) can be requested for a small charge, but it is subject to availability.
Our hire costs work on two factors, time of year and length of hire.
Length of stay
A weekend break will typically cost around £20-£40 per night more than a full week’s stay. For hires of more than 14 nights we automatically apply an additional 10% discount to the weekly rate. If you are planning a trip of 3 weeks or longer, please contact us for bespoke pricing.
Time of year
Our year is split into 4 seasons:
- Low: 1st November – 28th Feb
- Med: 1st March – 31st May & 1st - 31st October
- High: 1st June – 15th July & 1st -30th September
- Peak: 15th July – 31st August
You are required to pay a 25% deposit at the time of booking, this is non-refundable (subject to a 24hr cooling off period). The balance for your booking is due 6 weeks prior to your trip, and we send out a reminder a few days before this is due.
- More than 6 weeks prior to departure Booking deposit only
- 6 weeks - 4 weeks prior to departure: 50% of total hire charge
- Less than 4 weeks prior to departure: 100% of total hire charge
From September to May, you can start your hire on any day apart from Sunday. From June to August we change over on Friday, Saturday and Monday only. The only exceptions to this are for Glastonbury and the British Grand Prix – please enquire for details of these.
Of course! All of our vehicles are dog-friendly, we’ll even include some goodies for them too. We welcome 1 large or 2 small dogs in our vehicles. There is just a small valeting charge when a pet has been in the vehicle. If you are reading this to see if we have ‘none pet-friendly’ vehicles then unfortunately we don’t. However, please be assured that every vehicle is thoroughly deep cleaned once a pet has been in there.
Yes, we are happy for the motorhomes to go to festivals, please be aware that the security deposit may be higher for such events.
Yes. There is a supplement to cover European insurance/breakdown cover, documentation and statutory equipment. We also ask that European hires are for a minimum period of 2 weeks.
All our fleet are on the 3.5t chassis. This makes them accessible to anyone with a standard UK driving licence.
Yes, insurance is included in the hire cost. We can insure anybody between 25 and 75 years of age with a minimum 3 years’ driving experience. If you have more than 3 penalty points on your licence or more than 1 insurance claim in the previous 5 years, you must inform us at time of booking. This doesn’t mean we won’t be able to insure you, but we will need to refer you to our insurance company for their approval first.
Viewing is by appointment and subject to the motorhomes not being out on hire. Please call us on 07900 451560 to arrange a convenient time.
Yes, you are welcome to leave your car in our secure compound for the duration of your trip.
Yes, all our motorhomes are well insulated, have gas combi boilers and are equipped with internal water tanks to prevent freezing.
We will send you a 'handover' video two weeks before your hire. This goes through all the systems on the vehicle with you. When you arrive to collect the vehicle, we spend as long as is necessary with you to ensure that you are comfortable with everything prior to setting off.
- In the UK, parking at the side of the road is not permitted - this does include Scotland as well. However, as well as large campsites there are a plethora of smaller sites with excellent facilities, and many pubs, farm shops, cafés etc that will allow you to stay overnight free of charge if you make a purchase from them.
- There are also some carparks where overnight stays are permitted. Two of the most useful tools we use for planning our own trips are www.ukcampsite.co.uk and www.searchforsites.co.uk. We also offer Garmin Camper Sat Navs for hire, which contain up to date databases of campsites, off-site parking etc. Whatever you choose you do, please be considerate. If you choose to stay off site, then please above all leave no trace that you've been there.
Accidents happen! Please keep calm, take plenty of photos, record third party/witness details and inform us at the earliest opportunity, no matter how minor or major the accident, and we’ll get it sorted. If a third party is involved then there is an accident report form in your glove box that will need to be completed.
- In the event of further national restrictions that affect your booking being announced we shall refund anything already paid over your deposit amount, and the deposit itself will be transferable to another date of your choice in the following 12 month period.
- We strongly recommend that all our customers take out adequate holiday insurance at the point of booking to cover you in the event that you or a family member should fall ill, forcing you to cancel the trip.